Tuesday, December 11, 2007

TRIATHLON

Sorry, no pictures today, I just have to tell about this little event I'm signed up to do......

Ok, so this morning I went for my first day of training for my triathlon. Actually, let me start over. I have been wanting to do some sort of a race for a while now. So I got on the internet this past Thursday and looked for upcoming events. The first one is this triathlon on February 9, 2008. It consists of swimming a 1/2 mile, 10 mile bike, and a 4 mile run. I'm thinking okay, this will be cake, just gotta learn how to swim. So I'm all stoked and i sign up.

I go to Jordan's basketball game two days later and tell my family (bros and sis') that I signed up. Shane can't be out done by his little sister and tells me to sign him up too. Kelsey, hearing about this decides to sign up too (after all, she has a man to impress).

So I was sitting there thinking this would be cake, just go swimming a few times and ta-da, I'll win the race. I went and trained this morning and holy crap!!!! the swimming is going to be a challenge.

The swim is 16 laps there and back (800 meters). I did 6 laps there and back today, 300 meters, this only took me 12 minutes, but I was dog tired. I have only two months to get a half mile down. Now biking, my legs were tired because I used them too much swimming, I did 7 miles on the bike and a 1.5 mile run. So I think I'll just do swimming 3-4 times a week and bike and run 5 times a week.

My goal is to do this triathlon in under 2 hours. I'll keep you posted. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Lyndsee Bates said...

That is CrAZy!!! I am sure you'll do great. I think it would be fun to do but I wouldn't want to train for it! I am proud fo you for challenging yourself, and don't worry I'm sure you'll beat Sahne out of the water :) Love ya!

ALL THE ROYCE'S said...

Nat, way to go! You'll do GREAT! It won't be as hard as you think especially if you train for it. And of course Shane signed up for it! Like Lyndsee said, you'll for sure beat Shane out of the water!! GOOD LUCK!